Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Oasis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2015
Southampton-England
Hello guys, here i am asking for help, again!

Some time ago, my MacBook was doing that...https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/distorted-image-on-mbp.1909020/#post-21724635

I tought that i have lost him, until last week, when suddently the screen worked normally, so i left the notebook working until the battery got 0%, but something strange happened, the battery indicator was displaying "charging", without any charger plugged in, and now it wont turn on, even with the charger plugged in (with orange led)... Any suggestions?

Obs: i have downloaded a software to check my battery status, and it said that everything was fine.

Sorry for my rust english, i havent practiced it for a long time.

Aneef

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Hello guys, here i am asking for help, again!

Some time ago, my MacBook was doing that...https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/distorted-image-on-mbp.1909020/#post-21724635

I tought that i have lost him, until last week, when suddently the screen worked normally, so i left the notebook working until the battery got 0%, but something strange happened, the battery indicator was displaying "charging", without any charger plugged in, and now it wont turn on, even with the charger plugged in (with orange led)... Any suggestions?

Obs: i have downloaded a software to check my battery status, and it said that everything was fine.

Sorry for my rust english, i havent practiced it for a long time.
Try replacing the battery I guess?

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
Unplug the power adapter, take the bottom cover off, and then unplug the battery connector. Wait a few seconds, and then plug the battery connector back in, put the bottom cover back on, and then plug the power adapter back in.

I've seen this happen sometimes when the battery has been left to drain completely. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen. The process listed above usually fixes it. If it doesn't fix it, get it checked out.

Regarding your graphics glitch: That sounds like a possible bad LCD cable, especially since it comes and goes, and desktop looks fine through external display. Unfortunately, those cables are soldered to the display unit, and plugged into a connector on the logic board. If the cable is bad, it usually requires a complete replacement of the display.

Aneef

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
If it was the battery,shouldnt have turned on when the charger was plugged in?
I've seen Macbooks that won't turn on after the battery has been completely depleted (drained up the complete charge).

I've seen this happen sometimes when the battery has been left to drain completely. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen. The process listed above usually fixes it. If it doesn't fix it, get it checked out.
Try this.

Michael Oasis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2015
Southampton-England
Unplug the power adapter, take the bottom cover off, and then unplug the battery connector. Wait a few seconds, and then plug the battery connector back in, put the bottom cover back on, and then plug the power adapter back in.

Regarding your graphics glitch: That sounds like a possible bad LCD cable, especially since it comes and goes, and desktop looks fine through external display. Unfortunately, those cables are soldered to the display unit, and plugged into a connector on the logic board. If the cable is bad, it usually requires a complete replacement of the display.

Did that a few times, no luck :(
[doublepost=1454631466][/doublepost]
After this , the led of the power adapter changed from green to orange, just that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.