Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kokopysk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
Hi,
i have a problem with my macbook air 13 2015. There are several brighter pixels in the middle of display, especially around the apple logo. Do you think that i can demand repair or replace at seller ? What do you think about that.
Thanks
File_000.jpeg

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
Those are usually caused by pressure from outside the case. Take a picture of the lid and see if there are any depressions/dents in the casing.

kokopysk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
I don't have any defect on the top. Only defect i have i on to left side under the keyboard. It appeared after 1 day of using like 1 and half year ago, idk how. But its on the left side and the pixels are fu**ed in the middle :D
File_000.jpeg File_000(1).jpeg File_001.jpeg File_002.jpeg

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you are referring to the blurry, light area - roughly the outline of the Apple icon on the lid - that's what you have.
It's pressure damage, probably the result of something heavy laying on top of your closed MBAir.
Pressure on the lid won't always leave evidence of that pressure on the outside of the lid, but the display panel is more fragile than the lid.
You can try "demanding a repair or replace", if you have AppleCare extended warranty.
You're somewhere in EU, I guess? You may have up to 2 years, I understand.
So, try your Apple store. It's likely you have accidental damage, so not likely it would be a warranty repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.