Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dustyshelf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2021
My 14 inch m1 pro has developed two patches of dead pixels on the screen after 4 weeks of light use.

The laptop has not left my desk so it cannot have been accidental damage.The laptop is due to be picked up by a authorized repair center today, with an estimated turn around time of 5-7 business days.

Has anybody else had any issues regarding dead pixels?

white7561

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2016
World
Can you describe this dead pixels patches?? I've had my 16" since the first of November and so far no problems. Hoping that I won't get problems down the line. Thanks!

jabbr

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
I've found a single dead pixel on my 14". I wouldn't call it super distracting because it's so small and only visible on bright backgrounds. Pretty sure it's a dead green sub-pixel, because I can't see it on solid red or blue.

still, since I have until January 8th, I was thinking of ordering another machine with the excuse to bump up the specs lol.

sorry you've got multiple patches of them, that really blows!

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
I've found a single dead pixel on my 14". I wouldn't call it super distracting because it's so small and only visible on bright backgrounds. Pretty sure it's a dead green sub-pixel, because I can't see it on solid red or blue.

still, since I have until January 8th, I was thinking of ordering another machine with the excuse to bump up the specs lol.

sorry you've got multiple patches of them, that really blows!
Just return it. It is an expensive laptop with a screen that is supposed to be top-notch, not because of the retina resolution and color reproduction but also because of the high refresh rate and brightness. If Apple is selling all this greatness and making a huge deal out of it, it should deliver it. Even a single dead pixel should be unacceptable in the almighty new MacBook Pro.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
A friend of mine just had his 16" MacBook Pro M1 repaired by Apple after it developed a line of dead pixels down the middle of the screen. Apple replaced the display, top case, keyboard and trackpad. Turn around was 3 days.

jabbr

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
A friend of mine just had his 16" MacBook Pro M1 repaired by Apple after it developed a line of dead pixels down the middle of the screen. Apple replaced the display, top case, keyboard and trackpad. Turn around was 3 days.
interesting, I wonder why they replaced the keyboard and trackpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.