Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
A couple months ago, I bought a refurbished M1 Mac Mini direct from Apple for a steal of a deal. This machine is snappy!

I am going to have to phase-in its use. The start, I'm using a 15-year-old Acer VGA-connected monitor for the video, thanks to an aftermarket Benfei VGA-to-USBC-C adaptor. It's temporary, but it works well. One issue I still have to address is audio.

If I plug-in wired iPod earbuds, I'm assured at least halfway decent sound. But what I'm really looking for a deal on desktop speakers that deliver good sound with a minimal size and a good price. I checked out an article about speakers on The Wirecutter, but all of their top picks (and even budget picks) are well over $100. Is there anywhere I can find a bargain for a paid of desktop speakers? How much should I expect to pay for them?

Also, should I go wired or bluetooth?

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
What’s your budget? Sounds like you’re the market for some Ali Express speakers or some cheap wired headphones.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
What’s your budget? Sounds like you’re the market for some Ali Express speakers or some cheap wired headphones.
I'd really like to keep it under $65, under $40 strongly preferred. I just checked out some Logitech deals on Amazon. I looked at their Z207 2.0 Multi Device Stereo speaker pair, and also their Z130 3.5mm Jack Compact Laptop speaker pair. They're both cheap sets of speakers, but that may be more useful and of lower profile for the near-term. There's also a special option where you can buy the Z207's also with a Logitech webcam, but that's well over $100.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.