Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrismcfall

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Hello! So, I've been looking for a new digital camera to replace my old one.(Packard Bell 2mp:eek: ) Is there a good choice in the price range I want? One camera I saw for quite cheap was this: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5605321.htm I see it doesn't have a rechargeable battery like other Olympus cameras I've seen, is that such a big deal?
Also, I would quite like a Mju Mini, but I haven't seen them in the shops for ages now, can you still get them?
Cheers, Chrismcfall

Chrismcfall

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I quite like the look of that, but how would the battery life be with AA batteries?

Chrismcfall

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I'm afraid ebay isn't an option for me, But that Fuji camera looks great! A camera I would really want would be an Olympus Mju Mini, any chance of that in stores?

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Youd really need to buy some NIMH rechargeable AA batteries and a charger. Digital cameras absolutely eat batteries, even the best non rechargeable AA's (upwards of £5 for 4) will only last for around 10-20 shots

jack-abs

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2006
FUJIFILM FINEPIX F10 Digital Camera

Chemistry: LI-ION
Volts: 3.6V
Capacity: 1800mAh
Dimension: 53.00x35.30x11.00mm
Net Weight: 48.00g
Color: BLACK

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Doesn't Canon sell some dirt-cheap models? I think it's called the A410 or something of that sort. It's still 5 MP or so, I believe. It's also a decent camera. My friend has one. The LCD is very small, but oh well.....it's cheap as chips.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Youd really need to buy some NIMH rechargeable AA batteries and a charger. Digital cameras absolutely eat batteries, even the best non rechargeable AA's (upwards of £5 for 4) will only last for around 10-20 shots

10 to 20 shots??? where did you get that? I regularly get around 300 shots from non-rechargable AA's and that's not even using "the best" batteries

Grakkle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2006
Earth

You absolutely must have rechargeables. If you can get lithium, that's best. Digital cameras do eat batteries too quickly for non-rechargeables to be at all a good option.

I have an Olympus FE-190 myself. It was about $180is U.S., so that would be about £100. It's solid, tiny, and takes good pictures. And it has it's own rechargeable lithium. It's a good camera.

The worst thing about it is you can't get a dock for it, so the battery has to be taken out to be charged.

mcmadhatter

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2005
Bath, UK
How about a secondhand camera from a camera shop? LCE are good in that respect, but quite a few big towns/cities might have a local camera shop tucked away.

Quite often they take trade-ins for buying new products, adn then sell the trade-ins on as secondhand in the shop. This also means there can be some "negotiation" on the price.

I'd go and have a chat with the people there to see if they have any suggestions for your price range.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.