Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Just John

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
Hello all,

I'm new to the Mac/Apple world.

I downloaded an app, put it into the launch pad. I have since delete the application but cannot delete the icon that is left in the launch pad.

I tried holding down left click, cannot delete.

tried going into the Mac Hard drive - my name - application - application is not there

tried a method using terminal I found on youtube. Did nothing.

anyone have any tips?

thanks,

John

Rob1n

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2020
Netherlands
Hello all,

I'm new to the Mac/Apple world.

I downloaded an app, put it into the launch pad. I have since delete the application but cannot delete the icon that is left in the launch pad.

I tried holding down left click, cannot delete.

tried going into the Mac Hard drive - my name - application - application is not there

tried a method using terminal I found on youtube. Did nothing.

anyone have any tips?

thanks,

John
I have had a similar problem with steam games.
The method that worked for me was: Drag app from launchpad to dock > Right click icon in dock > Click "show in finder" > Delete the icon(s) that show up in the finder window > Remove icon from dock

Just John

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
I have had a similar problem with steam games.
The method that worked for me was: Drag app from launchpad to dock > Right click icon in dock > Click "show in finder" > Delete the icon(s) that show up in the finder window > Remove icon from dock
This worked! Thank you!

think this is something that needs to be addressed by apple at some point in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.