Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravveyyy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2019
I'm completely new to using a Mac, and recently installed UBUNTU by following some YouTube videos and it worked fine. I added 50GB for the UBUNTU partition and 8GB for the SWAP partition. I now want to restore my 58 GB back to the MacOS partition and want to delete UBUNTU. Can someone please give me a detailed step-by-step process on how to delete UBUNTU and reFInd and retrieve my MacOS back completely. Since it's a new Mac, I'm not worried about data loss and there are no important files. Kindly help please. Thank you so much in advance. I couldn't be more grateful :)

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm completely new to using a Mac, and recently installed UBUNTU by following some YouTube videos and it worked fine. I added 50GB for the UBUNTU partition and 8GB for the SWAP partition. I now want to restore my 58 GB back to the MacOS partition and want to delete UBUNTU. Can someone please give me a detailed step-by-step process on how to delete UBUNTU and reFInd and retrieve my MacOS back completely. Since it's a new Mac, I'm not worried about data loss and there are no important files. Kindly help please. Thank you so much in advance. I couldn't be more grateful :)
Apples support guide here is what you need.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/reinstall-macos-mchlp1599/mac

Reactions: jaduff46
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.