Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
Hello all,
I have been having problems syncing my iPhone with iTunes as it says that my computer is no longer authorized. I have tried a few steps, like authorizing and re-authorizing the machine, restarting in between, and even deleting the SCInfo folder in iTunes’ files and then restarting all to no avail. The phone still will not sync with the computer, it backed up just fine though, and it will also copy over the diagnostic files in ‘Step 2’ of syncing but it will totally hangup when on the 3rd step of determining what apps to sync.
Everything works fine on my MacBook Air, with the same version of iTunes and everything, the only issues are when I am trying to sync with my main machine the iMac.

My question is, is there some way for me to be able to delete the local iTunes information and then just log back into my iCloud music library and then have all of my music still there and stuff? Or will me deleting the local info off of my iMac take away the songs that are in my library?
I just want to be able to sync with my iTunes fully again.

Thanks,
JG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.