Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who else is waiting for their Nike+ Apple Watch Series?

• Total voters

UTECHPIA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2018
San Leandro, CA
I absolutely wanted the Nike+ version of the watch, so I put in my order knowing I'd have to wait longer than the regular Apple Watch Series 4. But the time has finally came, and my Nike+ Apple Watch Series 4 arrived! I couldn't be happier!

I've never bought an Apple Watch before because I used to think they were not practical since I always have my phone with me already. But recently the Apple Watch has been getting better and better, and now, well, I pulled the trigger and I'm a HUGE Fan!

I am overwhelmed with the little features that add-up to a very pleasant experience.

NOTE: My wrist is about 158mm, but the 44mm watch fits perfectly for me! I'm glad I got the 44mm version!

Here's a little treat for you all, I did a video of my unboxing experience:

jgonzo

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2009
I absolutely wanted the Nike+ version of the watch, so I put in my order knowing I'd have to wait longer than the regular Apple Watch Series 4. But the time has finally came, and my Nike+ Apple Watch Series 4 arrived! I couldn't be happier!

I've never bought an Apple Watch before because I used to think they were not practical since I always have my phone with me already. But recently the Apple Watch has been getting better and better, and now, well, I pulled the trigger and I'm a HUGE Fan!

I am overwhelmed with the little features that add-up to a very pleasant experience.

NOTE: My wrist is about 158mm, but the 44mm watch fits perfectly for me! I'm glad I got the 44mm version!

This is great...thanks for posting! Waiting for mine...

Reactions: UTECHPIA

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

Handy tip which isn't exactly intuitive:
You can add multiple copies of the same watch face to the watch, then change up the complications. This then lets you swipe left / right to change watch faces -- but effectively just change which complications are showing.

Example: with two copies of the Nike Digital face you could have one with ActivityMonitor, Weather, and Date complications -- and another copy with Music, Podcasts, and NowPlaying complications. Simply swipe left/right to switch between them.

Nuvian

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2018
I'm still waiting on my Nike+ sports loop 40mm apple watch 4, last time I checked the estimated date the store gets it here in Norway is 11 of October.
Hopefully it won't get pushed further, I've never owned an apple watch, First time in a long time I'm feeling like I used to do before Christmas when I was a kid :)

UTECHPIA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2018
San Leandro, CA
Not getting the Nike+ but getting my first AW ever in 4 weeks. I’m so excited. Hope it will ship quicker.

The Nike+ only adds the extra watch faces. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Apple Watch just as much as I do! Congrats on your first AW! And thanks for replying to my thread :)

Handy tip which isn't exactly intuitive:
You can add multiple copies of the same watch face to the watch, then change up the complications. This then lets you swipe left / right to change watch faces -- but effectively just change which complications are showing.

Example: with two copies of the Nike Digital face you could have one with ActivityMonitor, Weather, and Date complications -- and another copy with Music, Podcasts, and NowPlaying complications. Simply swipe left/right to switch between them.

WOW!!! This is very helpful! I didn't think about doing this. Obviously, I'm a Apple Watch newbie! I appreciate the tip, deeddawg!

I'm still waiting on my Nike+ sports loop 40mm apple watch 4, last time I checked the estimated date the store gets it here in Norway is 11 of October.
Hopefully it won't get pushed further, I've never owned an apple watch, First time in a long time I'm feeling like I used to do before Christmas when I was a kid :)

I feel like it's Christmas today, I know the feeling! The problem with the Christmas feeling is that, it goes away after a day after you unwrap the gift(s)... so Enjoy, and cherish the anticipation (aka the wait); I hope you get it soon, none-the-less! Congrats on your first Apple Watch! It's my first one too! Also, thanks for replying to my thread :)

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida

That is a treat! Thank you for posting. I love that Nike Sport band. I bought the first Apple Watch on a whim (with a vague idea that it might be good to be reminded to stand). It quickly became my most used piece of tech. It's helped me be happier, healthier and more productive.

UTECHPIA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2018
San Leandro, CA
That is a treat! Thank you for posting. I love that Nike Sport band. I bought the first Apple Watch on a whim (with a vague idea that it might be good to be reminded to stand). It quickly became my most used piece of tech. It's helped me be happier, healthier and more productive.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video, thanks for checking it out and thanks for replying to my thread! The Nike Sport band is so simple, but it works incredibly well (secure and easy to open/close). I'm glad to hear it has helped you be: happier, healthier and more productive! I'm sure it will do the same to me, I have no doubt! I've finally turned into a full blown Apple Sheep; I love their stuff! :)

Reactions: artfossil

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
But the time has finally came, and my Nike+ Apple Watch Series 4 arrived!
Congrats on your purchase!

Once you get a chance to try the NRC (Nike+) app on it, please let us how well it works. Hopefully Apple and Nike have finally gotten it right this time around.

UTECHPIA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2018
San Leandro, CA
Congrats on your purchase!

Once you get a chance to try the NRC (Nike+) app on it, please let us how well it works. Hopefully Apple and Nike have finally gotten it right this time around.

Thanks, japanime! I did try to Nike Run Club app on my new Nike+ Series 4, and it works as expected. I haven't used the previous versions so I don't know how to answer your question. What was wrong with the previous version of NRC? Is there anything you'd like me to test since I have the watch in front of me? I can check it and let you know exactly if it's fixed or not.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

You do realize the app is the same as the one you download to the non-Nike watch, yes?

Though if I remember correctly (I could be wrong), Nike's tended to release an app update right about when their watch edition came out.

UTECHPIA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2018
San Leandro, CA
You do realize the app is the same as the one you download to the non-Nike watch, yes?

Though if I remember correctly (I could be wrong), Nike's tended to release an app update right about when their watch edition came out.

deeddawg, do you know if the feature "Siri, go for a 1 Mile Run" feature is something that can be done on a non-Nike Apple Watch? Or is that a Nike+ Exclusive feature? Thanks!

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
deeddawg, do you know if the feature "Siri, go for a 1 Mile Run" feature is something that can be done on a non-Nike Apple Watch? Or is that a Nike+ Exclusive feature? Thanks!
That I believe is exclusive to the Nike watch -- but that's not really an *app* feature. Maybe splitting hairs.

Edit: personally I tend to run loops. If I were to just go do a 1 mile run, I'd end up a mile from home wondering what next! :D

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan

I haven't used the previous versions so I don't know how to answer your question. What was wrong with the previous version of NRC? Is there anything you'd like me to test since I have the watch in front of me? I can check it and let you know exactly if it's fixed or not.

Thanks, japanime! I did try to Nike Run Club app on my new Nike+ Series 4, and it works as expected. I haven't used the previous versions so I don't know how to answer your question. What was wrong with the previous version of NRC? Is there anything you'd like me to test since I have the watch in front of me? I can check it and let you know exactly if it's fixed or not.

Thanks! Glad to hear that it seems to be working! On my Series 2 Nike watch, I have to tap the start button several times before it will actually start. It can take up to a minute after the first tap before it starts, and sometimes the app just crashes.

The worst, though, is that the app doesn't seem to be handle workouts of 10 miles or more. It simply stops working once you reach the 10-mile mark. I suspect the app is optimized to handle 5K workouts, as Nike seems to have built a lot of the app's advertising around its "5K Sunday" workouts.

Last edited:

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I haven't used the previous versions so I don't know how to answer your question. What was wrong with the previous version of NRC? Is there anything you'd like me to test since I have the watch in front of me? I can check it and let you know exactly if it's fixed or not.

You wrote:

So why don't *you* share with us what *you* think wasn't "right" previously?

The worst, though, is that the app doesn't seem to be handle workouts of 10 miles or more. It simply stops working once you reach the 10-mile mark.
Can't comment on that, sorry. Used to do full & half marathons, but just haven't had the time/interest in recent years. Downside of getting older I guess.

UTECHPIA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2018
San Leandro, CA
That I believe is exclusive to the Nike watch -- but that's not really an *app* feature. Maybe splitting hairs.

Edit: personally I tend to run loops. If I were to just go do a 1 mile run, I'd end up a mile from home wondering what next! :D

Thanks! Yeah, it's not an *app* feature, but I'm plan to make a video to explain all the difference with the Nike+ Watch vs the regular one. So that even for splitting hairs, differences are differences :) Thanks!

1 mile run: I like to run 1 mile, when I get to about half mile, I start turning around because I don't want to get stuck 1 mile away from home :p

Reactions: deeddawg

Nuvian

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2018
Got a message that I can pick up my watch now, any tips for a newbie?
I'm guessing there are some things I should disable to conserve battery, any thing specific when it comes to the Nike version I should have in mind?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.