Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morcom88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2020
I pre-ordered the 12 pro on the Citizens yearly upgrade program. Before the pre-order I prequalified and everything to make the process quick on preorder day. Well, I ended up returning that phone to get the 12 Pro Max. Refund was processed, loan was cancelled, apple app showing I'm once again eligible. Unfortunately while trying to pre qualify for the 12 max I'm running into the following error. "This Line is not authorized to activate through Apple Online Store". I have a personal account and AM account manager, never a business account. Can someone please, please help? Nobody so far at Apple of Verizon could help.

Attachments

• aaaaaaasddf.png
    aaaaaaasddf.png
    751.3 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: soapropos

cagcody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
How long did it take for your eligibility to refresh? I just returned my 12 Pro yesterday in-store, and now the Apple app says I'm eligible, but when I get to the carrier part it says I have an open order.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
I am dealing with the exact same problem. The reason is because there is a "Pending Order" on your Verizon line. If you open the Verizon app on your phone and try to upgrade your phone through Verizon, you'll see this error message. This is only something that Verizon can fix apparently, and it's a pain in the ass because to most reps it doesn't look like you have any pending orders on the account. From my research, it seems like the Verizon Core team may be able to resolve this, but you have to specifically request that department when you call in.

Let me know if you have any success, I tried this morning but didn't have enough time to stay on hold with them.

PlainEnvelopes

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2018
Hey hey....why the animosity.....

Go log on to you're Verizon account and see about authorizing it. Maybe call Verizon directly...
The animosity is from a soy boy that wants everyone else to do everything for him. He wanted to play in the gray area and not the citizen loan will take time to close. A finance company does not work at the rate you return an item.

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
Sucks to learn the hard way when dealing with financial institution refunds

luckily the pro max will still be available for order the following week as well believe it or not

JeepGC

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Call VZW or Apple. You'll probably have to wait a long time as this issue will most likely have to be escalated to a level 2 agent.

Morcom88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2020
The animosity is from a soy boy that wants everyone else to do everything for him. He wanted to play in the gray area and not the citizen loan will take time to close. A finance company does not work at the rate you return an item.
Certainly no soy boy here, the animosity is because I clearly explained I COULD NOT do it online and someone replied so go online and do it. It was no help. I reached out to verizon and Apple many times so also not looking for you all to "do everything for me" Also explained in my original comment THE LOAN CLOSED so no, I was not playing in the grey area, I even drove 3 hours to return it at the apple store, learn to read and get back to me Troll

Morcom

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Oh ya I see that now, I couldn't login to this (my original) so in haste I created my new one to hopefully get an answer about the preorder but that didn't happen. Now that I'm on my desktop I guess it had the prior act info saved. I guess I should delete the most recent one.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
This seems to have automatically resolved for me as of a couple days ago. Have you tried again?

Morcom88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2020
I was able to get it working thank you for checking in. I thought it was because I logged in via website on my desktop and it sent a code to my phone which it never did from the app, but yes it was a couple days ago so maybe they were having issues with the system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.