Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floridienne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2018
I have chosen two languages for my keyboard, which are English and French. I've gone into settings and then keyboard. I have two keyboard options for typing in French or English. moreover, when I try to dictate in French, it types English words that might sound like French. when I look at my settings, it seems everything is the way it should be, but all I see is English when I dictate. I'm attaching some screenshots in case that helps someone troubleshoot my issue. I'm working on a MacBook Air and I'm using Sonoma. 14.14.1. Any ideas?

Attachments

• grab5.jpg
    grab5.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Twokeyboardoptions.jpg
    Twokeyboardoptions.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 32

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Are you making French the selected/active keyboard first before dictating?

floridienne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2018
Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I was certain I had done that, but I had so many different articles telling me what to do that evidently, I missed that because I just tried it again and I see that if I don't switch it in the menu bar, it doesn't type the language I want I think another issue is I was using the preset shortcut which was F5 however, when it wasn't working, I tried using command two times as a shortcut so it is working now! Thanks again so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.