Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d1x1t

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Stayed home to pre-order at 12:31pm IST only to realise that Amazon did not stock the 64gb variants (and the 256gb variants sold out in under two minutes) while Flipkart refused to ship to any city other than Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. I don't think either of them were stocked beyond a handful of units.

I then pre-booked at the local Apple reseller but they don't expect any more than 20-30 units at launch and some are saying that Apple might not give any stock at all other than to a few prime resellers. Not sure how true but one guy at an iMagine store told me that India will receive only twelve thousand units for launch day. :|

d1x1t

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
@jmk2888 Already paying close to 1400 USD (standard one year warranty) for the base variant of the X in India. Buying from a reseller on eBay makes no sense here.

@meetsam23 We have always paid a premium in India for the iPhones, haven't we? Don't see how X is an exception. The 7 32 gb variant launched for 920 USD last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.