Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ray.arl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
I've kept my original cable and just want to buy a new one in my office to make my life easier. And I've bought plenty of cables in ebay and amazon. None of them can last more than two weeks. Do you guys know where I can buy real/quality ones? Thanks in advance!

roniphon

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2015
I think that quality depends on the price first of all. So if you are ready to spend good amount for good cable you will have that.
Have you ever tried to check that in local store or make your choice based on the reviews?

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
United States
Every fake cable i buy lasts 3 months or less. Any apps charger i buy lasts a year or less.It better to buy 2 apple chargers a year then 4 off brand chargers for a year.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Best Buy Insignia brand cables have a 1 year guarantee and come in various lengths and have served me well. I bought 4 and exchanged one that was pulled my son when using his ipad - Quick transaction and better than going to an Apple Store and having a genius replaced the original after speaking to the greeter, then moving to the back of the store to wait again and then the cable being verified and spot checked.

Last edited:

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Had to do it once, for my old iphone 4. Couldn't find the original one. It's OK for charging, but iTunes doesn't like it :)

xymay

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2015
I've kept my original cable and just want to buy a new one in my office to make my life easier. And I've bought plenty of cables in ebay and amazon. None of them can last more than two weeks. Do you guys know where I can buy real/quality ones? Thanks in advance!
Sounds like the cables you received were fake, get some tips before purchasing next time, here are some tips mainly focus on visiual differences between oem and fake cables, hope it helps.
How to Tell Copy iPhone USB Cable and Charger and Prevent Loss

ray.arl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
Thanks all you guys input!

Seems all I've bought are just fake cables.

I'll buy a new original cable and check if it's really an original one according to the article above.

Reactions: 3568358
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.