Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Captain Awesome

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
Vancouver/Tsawassen, Canada
I just picked up Aperture this morning and imported my iPhotos into it, now every photo seems to have some kind of "iPhoto Original" watermark on it. Is this permanent?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot on 2009-07-09 at 1.24.23 AM.png
    Screenshot on 2009-07-09 at 1.24.23 AM.png
    592.7 KB · Views: 207

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
I just picked up Aperture this morning and imported my iPhotos into it, now every photo seems to have some kind of "iPhoto Original" watermark on it. Is this permanent?

Thanks

Don't worry... It's just a hint that the photo has been imported from iPhoto, but it's not on the actual jpeg (or whatever) data. If you look at the photo in fullscreen mode you'll see it's not there.

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
No, Aperture did not watermark anything. You have just opted to show tags in the viewer (which you can change in the prefs). They are not on top of your images.
Is there any way to get rid of it entirely?
Those are just tags that Aperture adds to the metadata. You can delete those tags (if you haven't added any others) by pressing Shift + H. This gives you the keyword browser. Search for iPhoto and select the two entries (iPhoto Original and iPhoto Modified or something along those lines). Press delete (the circular icon on the bottom of the dialog). It will ask you whether you're sure and if you are, proceed. Done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.