Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slats66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have been using Apples and Mac's since the Apple II, but until very recently I had an i7, fully loaded 2015 MacBook air that "for me" was perfect - Battery, Speed, Keyboard, Ports. Sadly it was stolen last October and I replaced it with a 2017 MacBook Pro (fully loaded). It lived at the Apple Genus bar on and off for 3 months before Apple cut me a huge favor and simply replaced it with a fully loaded 2018 13" MacBook Pro that retails for over $4000. Sadly, the keyboard is still a let down, the SSD doesn't seem as snappy as the Air (yet I know its way faster) and the fact in need to drag a dongle around is irritating.
I'm almost willing to trade for a fully loaded 2017 i7 MacBook Air to get a reliable friend back.
Anyone else feel that way????

Macdctr

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
Spec for spec, the 2017 i7/8GB MBA is the same as the 2015 i7/8GB MBA so I went with the 2015 MBA because it would be cheaper to get. Pretty much the same computer though. I love this laptop and it has become my "go to" laptop.

Slats66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have been using Apples and Mac's since the Apple II, but until very recently I had an i7, fully loaded 2015 MacBook air that "for me" was perfect - Battery, Speed, Keyboard, Ports. Sadly it was stolen last October and I replaced it with a 2017 MacBook Pro (fully loaded). It lived at the Apple Genus bar on and off for 3 months before Apple cut me a huge favor and simply replaced it with a fully loaded 2018 13" MacBook Pro that retails for over $4000. Sadly, the keyboard is still a let down, the SSD doesn't seem as snappy as the Air (yet I know its way faster) and the fact in need to drag a dongle around is irritating.
I'm almost willing to trade for a fully loaded 2017 i7 MacBook Air to get a reliable friend back.
Anyone else feel that way????
[doublepost=1564607463][/doublepost]Okay, well after starting this thread I broke down and purchased a a 2017 MacBook Air i7, 8Gb, 512Gb SSD from the Apple Refurb store at roughly $500 off new and filled the gap. It is the best Mac option for me at the moment. Computing life is good again. :)

Macdctr

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
[doublepost=1564607463][/doublepost]Okay, well after starting this thread I broke down and purchased a a 2017 MacBook Air i7, 8Gb, 512Gb SSD from the Apple Refurb store at roughly $500 off new and filled the gap. It is the best Mac option for me at the moment. Computing life is good again. :)

Congrats With your Air if you ever need to upgrade your storage drive beyond 500GB you will have several options available to you that will improve drive performance speeds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.