Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upintheclouds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Just checking if the full version of the Catalina Dynamic Wallpaper came along with beta 2 today.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 10.46.51 AM.png

Just automatic, nothing fully dynamic yet. And it isn't working for me either, it stays on the dark one all day. Hopefully beta 3 fixes this.

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
So I could be wrong, and it might not be exactly what you're talking about, but I believe the "Automatic" wallpaper in Catalina is designed to change between Light and Dark *IF* you have the system set to change between light and dark based on time of day. So, in Settings -> General, if you have the Appearance set to Auto. If you have just picked Light or Dark, the Automatic wallpaper is just going to stick on Light or Dark.

Again, I could be wrong, but I don't believe it's designed to work the same way Mojave did, where the wallpaper changed between multiple different variations of light and shadows throughout the day. I believe the Catalina wallpaper is either Light or Dark, depending on your system appearance preference, without the multitude of variations between.

I'd love for someone to prove me wrong, though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.