Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PPX2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2024
I haven’t had issues with the SnapBridge app since installing it months ago and after updating to iOS18, I can no longer connect to my camera. I’ve spent hours troubleshooting it… uninstalling/reinstalling, powering down/up.. and everything else I can think of to no avail… beginning to think it was this upgrade that ‘broke’ it. 😓
Has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks!

hhh62

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I am having the same problems and I’ve done the same things it sounds like you did.

PPX2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2024
I finally got it to work yesterday and not sure which part of what I did made the difference... I reset my camera to factory settings (not ideal) and was finally able to pair to my phone again. Still couldn't get the wifi to work, but found that the LAN settings on my phone weren't allowing it - on your iPhone, under settings > Privacy & Security > Local Network - you should see SnapBridge allowed there. If not, and if you can't turn it on there, go to Settings > Apps (at the bottom), find SnapBridge and see if you can allow Local Network there.

I know, kinda clunky... and not sure which effort made the difference, but it's working for me again. I hope this helps you!

hhh62

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I am trying to connect my Nikon Z 50 to my iPhone 16 Pro Max and tried everything you said still no results. And the saga continues.

PPX2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2024
I am trying to connect my Nikon Z 50 to my iPhone 16 Pro Max and tried everything you said still no results. And the saga continues.
I’m sorry my solution didn’t work for you😓. It’s extremely frustrating… good luck. 🍀

hhh62

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Thanks. I finally got it to work after reinstalling system firmware on my Z50. It still only works with Wi-Fi. I can’t get Bluetooth to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.