Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superbaws

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Hi everybody, hope somebody can help me!
I got picked for the WWDC lottery, but my fathers name is on the ticket. And since the tickets are not transferable, I'm not sure if i can actually go? I don't live in USA, so it would be a waste to travel so far, if I couldn't get in just because my fathers name was on the ticket. Does someone know if I can bring his ID and that will be fine?

Please help! :)

Superbaws

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Why don't you get in touch with Apple about it?
Tried that all ready. Their developer support isn't exactly helpful, and informs me that the ticket is "non transferable" even though my father is the one with the name. And since it would be very expensive and pointless for him to travel with me to WWDC just to pick up a ticket, I wondered if I could just bring his ID

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Tried that all ready. Their developer support isn't exactly helpful, and informs me that the ticket is "non transferable" even though my father is the one with the name. And since it would be very expensive and pointless for him to travel with me to WWDC just to pick up a ticket, I wondered if I could just bring his ID
May I ask why your father's name is on the ticket and not yours?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.