Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
Loving my Apple Pencil, but I definitely wish it could have more drag on the screen. I have less control drawing and writing because of the slippery-ness. I got a matte screen protector to give the iPad screen a more "toothy" feel. It helps quite a bit, but it's still not quite like lead and paper. Just for testing, I tried a Cintiq pen with a hard felt nib on my iPad and that has the perfect amount of drag. I really wish Apple or a third party would make different tip options for the Pencil. Besides making them out of a different material to give it more or less drag, maybe they could also make different shaped tips, like a flat edge for calligraphy (although I'm not sure how that would exactly software-wise).

Does anyone wish for more tip options? How likely do you think this will happen? Any time soon?

Reactions: Chung123

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
I definitely think this will happen - either Apple, third parties, or both. But I kind of expect it to take longer than we'd expect, as in I would not be surprised to see nothing until after the summer if not later. That said, the tips appear to be pretty simple so it certainly seems like something a third party could put together in rather short order...

Reactions: subjonas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.