Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John.B

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
... will only install if you have Aperture 3 or iPhoto '09 installed.

What this means is that installing the latest OS X raw compatibility update only gives you raw from the newest cameras (including Canon sRaw/mRaw and the S90) if you also stay on the upgrade treadmill for Aperture or iPhoto.

Just. Like. Adobe.

<sad face>

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
... will only install if you have Aperture 3 or iPhoto '09 installed.

What this means is that installing the latest OS X raw compatibility update only gives you raw from the newest cameras if you also stay on the upgrade treadmill for Aperture or iPhoto.

Just. Like. Adobe.

<sad face>

Sucks, don't it?

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
I don't want to excuse Apple... but maybe you can install the update if you install the Aperture trial?

Still, bad style from Apple.

toxic

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
you can go to the Apple site and download the update. Preview will open the files, but Aperture 2 won't. I just tried with sample LX3 files I downloaded. I dunno about iPhoto since I don't have it on my computer, but I imagine it doesn't, either.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
you can go to the Apple site and download the update. Preview will open the files, but Aperture 2 won't. I just tried with sample LX3 files I downloaded. I dunno about iPhoto since I don't have it on my computer, but I imagine it doesn't, either.

I downloaded it from apple' site and the installer refuses to install it because I don't have iLife 09 or aperture 3 installed. That's what's so sucky. Can't even get finder previews if you don't have one of those apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.