Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John.B

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1007

Requires Aperture 3 or iPhoto '09.

About Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 3.1

This update extends RAW image compatibility for Aperture 3 and iPhoto 09 for the following cameras:

* Hasselblad H3DII-50
* Leica M9
* Leica X1
* Olympus E-P1
* Olympus E-P2
* Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
* Pentax K-7
* Pentax K-x
* Sony Alpha DSLR-A500
* Sony Alpha DSLR-A550
* Sony Alpha DSLR-A850

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
About time that the some of these cameras were supported!!!!

Looks like Apple is gaining some speed in small ways for "orphan" cameras - those that don't sell in the numbers that Canon and Nikon do...

Now the question is Aperture or Lightroom to work with iPhoto? LOL

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Now the question is Aperture or Lightroom to work with iPhoto? LOL

Hmm, isn't A3 has all the same features as iPhoto? Why don't go that way and you don't need to go work with iPhoto anymore. What are you using iPhoto for right now actually?

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
Well, and just when I had decided to try to find a nice used K20D on eBay or Craigslist, now the k-x and k-7 are supported. Back to dpreview.com to re-read the reviews on those again. Actually probably puts me more firmly into getting the k-x as that is what I wanted before I looked at the compatibility list.

Chef Jay

John.B

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
Hmm, isn't A3 has all the same features as iPhoto? Why don't go that way and you don't need to go work with iPhoto anymore. What are you using iPhoto for right now actually?
FWIW, I export my keepers as JPEGs into iPhoto and use that to show my work.

It's a great little library application, I don't need to delve into Lr or Aperture, I don't need to think about whether an image was processed with Aperture or Lightroom, it's already installed on all my Macs (unlike Lr), it selectively syncs to my iPhone, the images are already processed, and best of all it's free. :)

The one downside is that Time Machine backups can't handle incremental changes to the iPhoto library; it backs up the whole library every time I add an image. :( Which IMO is more of a Time Machine issue than an iPhoto issue. OTOH, it's a much smaller library than what I have in Lightroom right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.