Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicolle19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I just ordered the sony Tseries cybershot and am waiting its arrival. I will be going to Cozumel in June. Are they any suggestions for taking pictures on the beach, so the camera wont be damaged?
Thanks

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
I just ordered the sony Tseries cybershot and am waiting its arrival. I will be going to Cozumel in June. Are they any suggestions for taking pictures on the beach, so the camera wont be damaged?
Thanks

Don't take pictures of guys with catty girlfriends.

(Assuming you are female, if male, switch as appropriate)

Hickman

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
I'm unaware of the specs of that camera, but if you can attach filters, the beach is the place where a protective filter is a MUST.

Also, I suggest you keep the camera in a zip-lock back when not being used.

Your main enemies at the beach are going to be sand and salt...Just use common sense and you should be ok.

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
The T-series cameras are nice in that they have a fairly small lens that moves internally, and the front is covered by the plastic door. There really isn't too much that will happen to it at the beach. Try not to drop it in the sand, and if you get some sand in the sliding door, some canned air will help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.