Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Houston, TX..... (keep walking)
To get the most out of my camera I was wondering if there are any classes (or companies that organize classes) that you guys might recommend. Ideally I like to have a face to face class in the Houston area (no virtual stuff). I have a rebet XT so specific classes for this camera would be a plus. Thanks for your help (again)

lofiunico

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2004
Houston, TX
Llu

have you ever looked in one of the Leisure Life Unlimited magazines they have next to newspapers at restaurants. I couldn't vouch for their quality, but they always have really obscure classes. Digital SLR training isn't exactly obscure, but I'm sure someone has a class for that. Alternatively, you might want to run by Camera Co-op on Durham. They guys there are pretty nice and willing to give advice. I'm sure they'd know of a good class.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hoef said:
To get the most out of my camera I was wondering if there are any classes (or companies that organize classes) that you guys might recommend. Ideally I like to have a face to face class in the Houston area (no virtual stuff). I have a rebet XT so specific classes for this camera would be a plus. Thanks for your help (again)

Is it really your DSRL that you need to learn or is it really basic photography, composition, color and art? The best photo classes will have you start with black and white film. I notice that the city here offers several basic photo classes in their adult education classes in the evenings. Don't get hung up on the digital part of it. It is really no different from film

Hoef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Houston, TX..... (keep walking)
ChrisA said:
Is it really your DSRL that you need to learn or is it really basic photography, composition, color and art? The best photo classes will have you start with black and white film. I notice that the city here offers several basic photo classes in their adult education classes in the evenings. Don't get hung up on the digital part of it. It is really no different from film

Tx ... It's more the camera itself... Interestingly (or ironically) enough, while writing this response, MR shows a nikon school ad on top

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.