Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikonut

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
St Louis Mo
I am new to Mac and would like to learn as much as possible before starting to process photos on the new machine. I just uggraded the ram yesterday and noticed how fast Lightroom works vs PC.....its just amazing!
I have previewed my cf card in I-photo and I like being able to use this format to select which are keepers and then to move to post edit.I did get pics into Lightroom from i-photo..but in a round about way I think.
My goal is to use and keep this i-Mac for pics only as i have two other pc s.
I would like sum opinions with what I have listed in my signature which way to move forward.I only have LR loaded thus far, for back up I have a Maxtor 500.

thanx
Steve

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
If you're any sort of a serious photographer (which it appears you are), delete iPhoto entirely now. Just use Lightroom if that's what you're comfortable with (I prefer Bridge and Aperture, but that's just me)

Nikonut

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
St Louis Mo
If you're any sort of a serious photographer (which it appears you are), delete iPhoto entirely now. Just use Lightroom if that's what you're comfortable with (I prefer Bridge and Aperture, but that's just me)

Ok ,I certainly respect your opinion,I realize i-photo is an inherent program..as I said ,Iam new to mac....just looking to learn my way around which is alot of fun thus far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.