Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does the slight screen dimming around the edges of the screen bother you?

• Yes, it’s noticeable and bothers me

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No, it’s noticeable but doesn’t bother me

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No I don’t have it/don’t notice it

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

TheSynchronizer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2014
Let me just begin with the fact that this isn’t really a defect, but rather a limitation of the way these screens are designed so essentially all of these new macbooks will have it. The same ’issue’ can be seen on 12.9 iPad screens.

Im curious: Have you noticed the slight dimming around the edges of the screen, and, if so, does it bother you?

ASX

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2021
Have the same. It's normal for this and other lcd screens. It bothers me mostly for test screens, like Eizo test :D.

Reactions: TheSynchronizer

TheSynchronizer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2014
Have the same. It's normal for this and other lcd screens. I bothers me mostly for test screens, like Eizo test :D.
I’ve had so many bleedy, uneven LCD displays in my life that slight dimming around the edges is a heaven send compared to the various screens i’ve been through.

I’m not bothered at all but I know some people may think it’s some sort of defect and go through returns just to get the same result again - hopefully if they find this thread in searches that’ll save them the trouble

ASX

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2021
Those people will also think blooming on a fald screen is a defect. They should check their lcd desktop monitor how does it look :D.

Vignette effect is not nice but color tints are much more annoying. Many lcds have bad color and brightness uniformity.

• Haha
Reactions: TheSynchronizer

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
Had my mac about 5 months but only just noticed it. It doesn't affect me and doesnt really bother me, it would annoy me if I was a professional video or image editor. It would be nice if it wasn't there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.