Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Does anyone have a direct URL for Wednesday's livestream? My work computer is a PC running Windows 7 and it's the only device I'll be able to use to watch the event live, but I know for Windows the livestream at www.apple.com/Apple-events/September-2016/ requires Windows 10.

I found an article that discusses how you can use VLC to view a livestream regardless of the web browser requirements. https://9to5mac.com/2016/06/08/how-to-live-stream-wwdc-apple-windows-android/

Does anyone have the link so I can do the same thing on the 7th?

Last edited:
Reactions: Skyhawk9SP

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Does anyone have a direct URL for Wednesday's livestream? My work computer is a PC running Windows 7 and it's the only device I'll be able to use to watch the event live, but I know for Windows the livestream at www.apple.com/Apple-events/September-2016/ requires Windows 10.

I found an article that discusses how you can use VLC to view a livestream regardless of the web browser requirements. https://9to5mac.com/2016/06/08/how-to-live-stream-wwdc-apple-windows-android/

Does anyone have the link so I can do the same thing on the 7th?
I'm confused. There's a direct link in the 9to5Mac article that you referenced.

What else did you need?

Reactions: ABC5S

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Navigate to apple.com and click on the link for the keynote. It's the fastest way to get there.
But that doesn't help him. As he said, he's looking to circumvent system requirements for the stream, as his only system is on Win7.

However, the article he quoted gives the direct link (for VLC's online content browser) to do this, so I'm not sure what he's asking for.
[doublepost=1473012757][/doublepost]@jent
Any reason why you can't use an iPhone/iPad?

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
But that doesn't help him. As he said, he's looking to circumvent system requirements for the stream, as his only system is on Win7.

However, the article he quoted gives the direct link (for VLC's online content browser) to do this, so I'm not sure what he's asking for.
[doublepost=1473012757][/doublepost]@jent
Any reason why you can't use an iPhone/iPad?
The link in the 9to5Mac article is specific to the June WWDC livestream.

I don't have wifi at work and am on a very limited data plan, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: willmtaylor

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
If anyone can grab the livestream URL (so that I can play it in VLC on my Windows 7 PC), please post it here. I checked the page source for http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2016/ but it tells me "Your browser doesn't support live streaming of the event" and I can't find out what the full link is yet. Thanks!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.