Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I googled until I nearly went crazy. I currently use the HE.net Ipv6 tunnel which Netflix now geoblocks. I understand that. I want to simply disable Ipv6 on my Apple TV through my router running shibby tomato. With my IPv4 only devices like the Roku, Fire TV and PS4 I have no issues watching Netflix.

No I don't want to go nuclear and disable Ipv6 on my router just to make the ATV happy. That is like saying well I have a special car but I can't drive down a certain road so I am better just driving without tires or just to drive with my old car because the road is not blocked with those tires. Okay bad analogy.

There has to be a simple way to do this otherwise I am just going to box up my Apple TV and be done with it.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
No reply. Bet you it can't be done. I fixed it just deleted the Netflix app off my Apple TV. Don't need it as all of my IPv4 devices like the Roku firetv ps4 load Netflix no problems.

Also every other service Hulu youtube HBO Starz etc all work fine on the Apple TV too so I will keep it for those apps.

Of course Netflix won't work on my computer or mobile devices as they use IPv6 so they are also deleted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.