Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mat_lock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
After updating to iOS 11 one of my albums that I created isn’t showing all the photos. It says it has 340+ photos and vids but only 29 are showing. This is happening on both my iPhone 7 and iPad Air 2.

The photos are still there in the default albums such as “All Photos” “Screenshots” and “Hidden”. When I log into my iCloud I can see the photos in my custom albums with no issues.

I adding one photo that custom album and now it says it only has 29 photos. The strange thing is when I search for the album I can see the thumbnail of a missing photo.

I decided to creat a new album using my iPhone and add to it all 340+ photos and videos. However only 29 are showing.

I logged into iCloud and check the new and old album. All 340+ photos were there. So I decided to create a new album in iCloud, I added all 340+ photos and videos into that album. When I checked on my iPhone and iPad only 29 were showing.

Just a few notes all photos and videos I added were hidden. Other albums I created are not affected. The photos are there on my iPhone and iPad in the default albums.

I contacted Apple support, but they couldn’t solve a the issue and they just took the feedback and sent it to their engineers.

I am wondering if anyone is expercing similar issues? Did you find a solution?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I experienced something similar - it turns out that the pictures were all hidden. That is to say, I marked them as hidden (they were mostly wallpapers, which I didn't want to show in my chronological photo list) and until iOS11, they still showed in albums - but now, they don't. Hidden photos are hidden in all views.

Hope that makes sense ... and hopefully it's helpful.

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
Yup that's the reason. I hate that change. I liked the ability to hide photos from my timeline, such as receipts, but still have them available in albums.

co1f

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
No one experienced this or something similar?

I had the exact same happen to me. Went to look at some of my custom albums and they had counts, but no visible pics. Took me a few seconds, but eventually went to the hidden folder and found them there. Almost had a heart attack :)

I’ve found a bunch of ios11 bugs where one wouldn’t think there would’ve been a change from ios10. Very disappointed in Apple’s software QA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.