Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henrikhelmers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
I was using my 1st gen AirPods for video conferencing (typically only audio out), without issues. After investing in a pair of AirPods Max the original AirPods has trouble connecting and staying connected.

I am currently connecting them to a 1st get retina iMac. Everything was ok until the AirPods Max entered the mix. This could, of course, be due to other things happening at the same time. Everything is running the latest version.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggested workarounds?

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2017
I was using my 1st gen AirPods for video conferencing (typically only audio out), without issues. After investing in a pair of AirPods Max the original AirPods has trouble connecting and staying connected.

I am currently connecting them to a 1st get retina iMac. Everything was ok until the AirPods Max entered the mix. This could, of course, be due to other things happening at the same time. Everything is running the latest version.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggested workarounds?

I’ve had problems similar to this and cycled through rebooting device and then rebooting my router. After doing that the problem went away. You might want to give that a try.

henrikhelmers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
I "solved" this by putting the AirPods Max in their case.

I bought a headphone stand to keep the AirPods Max on when not in use, but in hindsight that was an unwise move. Having to put the case on and then hanging them on the stand is a bit too ceremonial. Now waiting for Apple to sell me a $1000 stand to put them in low-power mode and remove the interference...

Reactions: Mikeeee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.