Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rise_of_skylake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2020
Hey cyberfriends,

I designed a MagSafe desk stand to replace my non-compatible Qi chargers and thought I'd discount it for the MacRumors community to celebrate the issue finally getting coverage.

Click the link to get 15% off your order or use coupon code MACRUMORS15

I'm still making tweaks to the design to make it print more smoothly, and will release a weighted version soon. All proceeds will go towards the development process.

All of our replicants are here for you, myself included.

-Savvy Skylake

stand crop.png

Last edited:
Reactions: fresh801 and LiemTa

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
You will have to make it more heavy, otherwise you will lift the whole thing trying to pickup the iPhone.
you could make it more solid, so you can add some weights, like bolts inside the foot.
Like this one:

DieselFiend1989

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2019
You will have to make it more heavy, otherwise you will lift the whole thing trying to pickup the iPhone.
you could make it more solid, so you can add some weights, like bolts inside the foot.
Like this one:

Do believe OP mentioned that a weighted version was in the works.

rise_of_skylake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2020
Do believe OP mentioned that a weighted version was in the works.
Yup! Working on it now but have to fulfill orders so my printer has quite the queue right now.

Some people are putting adhesive on the bottom, but I use mine without. I don't find it very hard to push the stand down with my fingers even one handed. Still I'm looking forward to the weighted version hehe.

Reactions: Greatniss

J-H_B737

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2020
Yup! Working on it now but have to fulfill orders so my printer has quite the queue right now.

Some people are putting adhesive on the bottom, but I use mine without. I don't find it very hard to push the stand down with my fingers even one handed. Still I'm looking forward to the weighted version hehe.

Very nice looking stand! Will this fit the iPhone 12 Pro Max??

rise_of_skylake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2020
Very nice looking stand! Will this fit the iPhone 12 Pro Max??
Thank you!

Yes it is compatible with the 12 Pro Max. I designed with it in mind. So excited. My 12 Pro Max Pacific Blue will be here Friday!!

The 12 mini is a hair narrower than the stand so I’ll probably make a smaller one just for the mini.

J-H_B737

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2020
Thank you!

Yes it is compatible with the 12 Pro Max. I designed with it in mind. So excited. My 12 Pro Max Pacific Blue will be here Friday!!

The 12 mini is a hair narrower than the stand so I’ll probably make a smaller one just for the mini.

Mine too, only Silver!! Excited!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.