Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philrock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2015
Ventura, CA
So last night I opened D+ on my ATV and the Marvel movies were playing in Spanish. I couldn't change anything. This happened once before with WandaVision in German. That cleared up eventually.

Is this a thing? I browsed reddit and here and couldn't find anything definitive or helpful.

Just checked again and still Spanish. Same issue on my Roku and iPhone. This clearly a D+ issue but does anybody know the fix?

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
So last night I opened D+ on my ATV and the Marvel movies were playing in Spanish. I couldn't change anything. This happened once before with WandaVision in German. That cleared up eventually.

Is this a thing? I browsed reddit and here and couldn't find anything definitive or helpful.

Just checked again and still Spanish. Same issue on my Roku and iPhone. This clearly a D+ issue but does anybody know the fix?
For some reason you have Spanish activated as one of the system languages/keyboard layouts? I have the same problem with D+ accidentally switching to German, Spanish, French, or Swedish - the other languages I use besides English.

Reactions: philrock

philrock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2015
Ventura, CA
This is weird but the audio/language menu doesn't show while in the D+ app. If I swipe to activate it, I can move right or left to change languages but can't see what I'm selecting until I hear it. Whatever. It's solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.