Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I have two calibrated displays attached to my Mac Mini, and every time that I restart the Mac, my display color profiles revert from the calibrated profiles to the defaults. I then have to go into the display settings and reselect the latest calibrated profile for each display...which sticks until I restart the Mac again. UGH. I've never had this problem in all of my years as a Mac owner. What's going on?

I am on Sierra 10.12.1, using a Late 2014 Mac Mini. One display is an Asus ProArt, the other is an LG, both are calibrated with an X-Rite i1 Display Pro.

Super ninja kudos to anyone who can figure this out. Thanks!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I have two calibrated displays attached to my Mac Mini, and every time that I restart the Mac, my display color profiles revert from the calibrated profiles to the defaults. I then have to go into the display settings and reselect the latest calibrated profile for each display...which sticks until I restart the Mac again. UGH. I've never had this problem in all of my years as a Mac owner. What's going on?

I am on Sierra 10.12.1, using a Late 2014 Mac Mini. One display is an Asus ProArt, the other is an LG, both are calibrated with an X-Rite i1 Display Pro.

Do you log in as an administrator and can you confirm where you are storing the i1 profile on your machine.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Try this.

The i1Profiler program will allow Macintosh users to save their profiles to the user library and/or the system library. The locations are as follows:

• User Library: /Users/<username>/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
  • System Library: /Mac HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
There are a number of changes that Apple introduced with the later operating systems. One of those is that the default permissions in the Mac System Library folders are writable only by a root user. In order to allow all users to read AND write to this folder, follow the instructions below. Administrator rights are required to make these changes. This will allow i1Profile to save profiles to the User Library and the System Library:

1. Navigate to the System Library: /Mac HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
  2. Right-click (or Control-click) on the “Profiles” folder and then select “Get Info”.
  3. In the resulting “Profiles Info” window, click the lock icon in the lower right corner to open the lock. The user will likely need to enter the administrator password and click “OK” to proceed.
  4. Select “Read & Write” for all users, especially for the user named “Everyone”.
  5. Click on the lock icon to save the changes and then close the “Profiles Info” window.
  6. Reboot the computer and profiles will be able to be saved to both locations.
Let me know how you get on.

Reactions: Phrasikleia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.