Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjessim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
I am using my macbook air with m1 chip connected to my new external monitor (lenovo 29inch, resolution:2560 x 1080).

My external monitor is connected to the laptop via HDMi cable and used to work fine the intial few times. Off late when it wakes up from sleep , the resolution resets to 1920 x 1080 and even in display settings I cannot find the monitor resolution.

Often when I make monitor sleep and wake again multiple times, it self fixes and reverts to monitor resolution(2560 x 1080).

I would like to know if this is a fault of my settings OR some issue with this new monitor OR the type c usb dock I am using OR is it a general issue of Ventura?

Kindly suggest how can I get rid of this issue please.

Im a newbie to macOs from windows and this issue is affecting my user experience badly.

TIA for all your help and support.

bjessim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
I am using my macbook air with m1 chip connected to my new external monitor (lenovo 29inch, resolution:2560 x 1080).

My external monitor is connected to the laptop via HDMi cable and used to work fine the intial few times. Off late when it wakes up from sleep , the resolution resets to 1920 x 1080 and even in display settings I cannot find the monitor resolution.

Often when I make monitor sleep and wake again multiple times, it self fixes and reverts to monitor resolution(2560 x 1080).

I would like to know if this is a fault of my settings OR some issue with this new monitor OR the type c usb dock I am using OR is it a general issue of Ventura?

Kindly suggest how can I get rid of this issue please.

Im a newbie to macOs from windows and this issue is affecting my user experience badly.

TIA for all your help and support.
I got this fixed by updating macbook. Its sad despite so many members here nobody had a clue to / did not support me with a reply to my query.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.