Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
UK
I was recommended Displaycal as calibration software. I was thinking of giving it a try with my i1 Display. Anyone tried it?

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
Can't you just use the x-rite software that is designed for the i1?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I was recommended Displaycal as calibration software. I was thinking of giving it a try with my i1 Display. Anyone tried it?
I have but not sure the benefits over the standard i1 profiler software. It can be a workaround for people with older unsupported devices if you can no longer get it to work with your current version of MacOS.

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
Slightly off-topic but I have used DispcalGUI as a front end for the Argyll suite since the software for i1 didn't work for me. Worked a treat and free.

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
UK
I have but not sure the benefits over the standard i1 profiler software. It can be a workaround for people with older unsupported devices if you can no longer get it to work with your current version of MacOS.
Slightly off-topic but I have used DispcalGUI as a front end for the Argyll suite since the software for i1 didn't work for me. Worked a treat and free.

Thanks. It seems that it is really best for those having problems with their native software rather than adding any extra features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.