Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sud

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Australia
I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1, the problem I am having is that I have just bought an 8mb SDHC card which does not seem to work in it.

I have tried the card in another camera which works just fine so no problems with the card.

I have searched the internet and cant seem to find a firmware update or if there is one? does anyone know of a solution. I cant seen to find if LX1 supports the larger cards?

Then thanks to everyone who helped in my previous post have decided to go with the Nikon D300 and the 17-55mm as my first lens for the D300, much appreciated.

kieko

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2008
UK
on the bottom of the camera on the battery door does it say

SD or SD
HC

because SDHC means high capacity eg 4gb, 8gb. i have a feeling that this camera doesn't the ability to read the coding of the card. so if it just says SD then 2gb is the max you would probably be able to use.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
SDHC is not just bigger, it's different hardware. Older cameras designed only for SD cannot take SDHC.

sud

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Australia
Looks like you are right, it has SD stamped on the door :(
Thanks for the help, did not even think to look on the door.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
I also think this camera can only take SD cards upto 2GB. I don't think the nonstandard 4GB SD cards are compatible (maybe at most it'll recognize 2GB, although you could try formatting on the Mac), which would be normal, given that it's Panasonic.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
No, there are borderline 4GB SD cards, not to be confused with 4GB SDHC cards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.