Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AstralGeek33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2017
I am switching back to iOS due to Apple's long term support of their products and ARKit. I know about the Reply With Message feature but I do have a question about Do Not Disturb While Driving: If calls are also blocked will iOS auto-reply with your customized auto-reply message?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I am switching back to iOS due to Apple's long term support of their products and ARKit. I know about the Reply With Message feature but I do have a question about Do Not Disturb While Driving: If calls are also blocked will iOS auto-reply with your customized auto-reply message?
No. It replies with 2 standard messages, but you can customize the first message.

AstralGeek33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2017
No. It replies with 2 standard messages, but you can customize the first message.

I'm just figuring out if I'm reading correctly: If calls are blocked it does auto-reply? (I do understand about the two messages with the first able to be customized.)

Thanks for answering.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I'm just figuring out if I'm reading correctly: If calls are blocked it does auto-reply? (I do understand about the two messages with the first able to be customized.)

Thanks for answering.
Are you referring to the phone number being blocked by the system (E.g. Someone was harassing you, so you blocked them from contacting you.)?

AstralGeek33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2017
Are you referring to the phone number being blocked by the system (E.g. Someone was harassing you, so you blocked them from contacting you.)?

No, I'm referring to how DND While Driving (DND WD) has the option to also block calls. I'm asking that if you have iOS set to block calls while DND WD and a contact from your selected group of contacts calls, does it send the auto-reply message to the group of contacts you've selected for auto-reply?

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
No, I'm referring to how DND While Driving (DND WD) has the option to also block calls. I'm asking that if you have iOS set to block calls while DND WD and a contact from your selected group of contacts calls, does it send the auto-reply message to the group of contacts you've selected for auto-reply?
Yes, it’s sends two auto-reply messages. The first is, “I am driving with do not disturb on. I will relply when I get where I’m going.” The second says if it is urgent you can push the notification through.

Reactions: AstralGeek33

AstralGeek33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2017
Yes, it’s sends two auto-reply messages. The first is, “I am driving with do not disturb on. I will relply when I get where I’m going.” The second says if it is urgent you can push the notification through.

Thank you! Since you can manually activate it in Control Center, I actually plan on using this mode as a Tasker replacement. (Auto-responding to missed calls is the only reason I have used Tasker.)

I'm getting an iPhone 8 Plus today and was going to either way. (It's just that the guides never really indicated that auto-reply also worked with calls that are blocked with DND WD.)

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
If you activate it via car bluetooth the calls will still come through. Messages will optionally be auto-replied to as above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.