Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davudvl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
Just made a switch from PC where I used to calibrate the LCD monitor with my Spyder software. Do I need to do the same with iMac?
Thanx:confused:

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Yes! I found it to be a great benefit.
Go to System Preferences>Displays>Colour>Calibrate. - or you could try one of the supplied profiles.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
And use the Spyder! While it is my opinion that the mac lcds are closer to true color than my old monitors, I still calibrate it.

stoid

macrumors 601
Unless you are doing color sensitive work (like PANTONE) and need to send jobs off to a professional printer and want to make sure that the final print colors are identical to what you see on-screen, then you shouldn't have to worry about doing more calibration than what you can see in the System Preferences. Otherwise, Spyder does make Macintosh versions of all their equipment AFAIK.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Just made a switch from PC where I used to calibrate the LCD monitor with my Spyder software. Do I need to do the same with iMac?
Thanx:confused:

Yes, Well if you know enough about color calibration t want to do use a colorimeter on the PC, you want to do it on the Mac for exactly the same reason.

You Spyder should work on both the Mac and PC about the same way

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Unless you are doing color sensitive work (like PANTONE) and need to send jobs off to a professional printer and want to make sure that the final print colors are identical to what you see on-screen, then you shouldn't have to worry about doing more calibration than what you can see in the System Preferences. Otherwise, Spyder does make Macintosh versions of all their equipment AFAIK.

Just a minute, this s a PHOTOGRAPHY forum. So we assume he is concerned about accurate color, prints and monitor to match and all. Would be different if this were a gaming forum

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.