Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcusalwayswins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2021
i just updated my M2 mac Mini to MacOS Sequoia and I do not see the summary option while vising websites in safari ?

TETENAL

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2014
“Available in English (U.S.) and in the United States.”

marcusalwayswins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2021
“Available in English (U.S.) and in the United States.”

so even if I am in any other part of the world lets say Asia but i have kept U.S English in Language and region in Settings will it still not work?

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
There’s a “Highlights” option under advanced setting if it’s available.

Last edited:

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
I'm also in the US and the highlights feature is there and works on some websites.

I think you turn in on when you first click the reader button in the address bar for the first time. The only setting I see is in Safari->Settings->Advanced-> Allow Highlights to share web addresses with Apple, so make sure that's turned on also.

The reader button will show a purple star thingy when the highlight feature is available for that website and this is what it looks like in the pop-up window when it's working.
Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 10.36.55 PM.png

This is what it looks like in reader mode.
Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 10.36.37 PM.png

marcusalwayswins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2021
Still don't see it, do not get the highlights button on the website, even after enabling it in Safari Settings.

soloact

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2015
I'm also in the US and the highlights feature is there and works on some websites.

I think you turn in on when you first click the reader button in the address bar for the first time. The only setting I see is in Safari->Settings->Advanced-> Allow Highlights to share web addresses with Apple, so make sure that's turned on also.

The reader button will show a purple star thingy when the highlight feature is available for that website and this is what it looks like in the pop-up window when it's working.
View attachment 2421158

This is what it looks like in reader mode.
View attachment 2421159

That worked > once you re-start Safari. Interesting...that option was NOT turned on, and without that the summary doesn't work. And yet, there's all this content showing you how it works, but NONE of the content I've seen says you have to turn it on in preferences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.