Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you get breath reminders on your Apple Watch with WatchIS 4.1?

• Total voters

Hergesheimer

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2014
The Netherlands
Dear all,

It might be a minor problem, but for me it‘s quite annoying: Do you get breath or stand reminders at all under 4.1? If yes, when do you receive them and what are your settings? Many thanks all of you.

perspexorange

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
Well, I’m still on 4.0 (which, I guess, doesn’t help you), but I’ve had very few Breathe reminders since updating to 4.
I tried setting it to 11 reminders a day but I’m lucky if I get one every three days or so.

Stand reminders have been fine. No problems.

It’s disheartening to hear that Breathe reminders are still broken at 4.1. I was hoping they’d be fixed in the next update.

Hergesheimer

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2014
The Netherlands
Well, I’m still on 4.0 (which, I guess, doesn’t help you), but I’ve had very few Breathe reminders since updating to 4.
I tried setting it to 11 reminders a day but I’m lucky if I get one every three days or so.

Stand reminders have been fine. No problems.

It’s disheartening to hear that Breathe reminders are still broken at 4.1. I was hoping they’d be fixed in the next update.

Thanks a lot for your posting. The glitch is unfortunately still present in WatchOS 4.1. Some users are having the same problems as I have, but some have no problems at all.

Can one of you, who is not experiencing any issues kindly post their reminder settings, watch face etc? Many thanks.

AppleLuvver

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
U.S.
I get the stand notifications consistently now. However I am still not getting the breathe reminders. Right after I updated I would get maybe 2 or 3 per week at odd times like 2am. Now I’m not getting any. I have tried changing the settings, turning them on and off, restarting the watch, and even switching to the Siri face since some said they were getting them with that face. Nothing has worked.

Something I’ve noticed is that when I did get a reminder of n os4 it looked different than it used to. It said you had to open the breathe app but I don’t remember having to do that before. When I switched to the Siri face I had one reminder- when I hit breathe it went straight into the session rather than telling me to open the app.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I’m on 4 I guess, stand reminders at 10 till every hour and never miss one. I don’t have a problem remembering to breath so I disabled that one on the first day lol.

Apple Fritter

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2017
For me, the breathe reminders are like the worst thing ever. Not only am I in possession of a functioning autonomous nervous system that takes care of my oxygen uptake at all times, I'm also bamboozled about the odd times and places that reminder will pop up.

So far 99% of notifications came in while driving at high speeds on the Autobahn. Now I have no idea why all the gyroscopes and sensors couldn't tell the darn thing that I may be busy driving, but serving distractions at 160 mph and beyond might just lead you to stop breathing altogether. Not sure that's healthy in the long run.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
I was just about to post a thread asking the exact same thing. I noticed that I was not getting my stand reminders the other day (I have my breath reminders turned off) I also asked my best friend and they said they also are not getting stand reminders since upgrading from AW series 0 to the new series 3. Also, I have noticed that when you look at the "bars" to see if you have gotten credit for standing (since sometimes even if I stand/walk around, sometimes I still don't get credit) they used to be a lighter shade so you could tell that you have not received credit but now they don't show up at all until it credits you, so it is not easy to tell if you got credit for that hour.
[doublepost=1508651362][/doublepost]I just found this link in another thread. I will see tomorrow if it works since I have my stand goal already completed for the day.

https://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-broken-stand-reminders

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
So far 99% of notifications came in while driving at high speeds on the Autobahn. Now I have no idea why all the gyroscopes and sensors couldn't tell the darn thing that I may be busy driving, but serving distractions at 160 mph and beyond might just lead you to stop breathing altogether. Not sure that's healthy in the long run.
Have you tried setting up Do Not Disturb While Driving? Settings > Do Not Disturb > Do Not Disturb While Driving.

Hergesheimer

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2014
The Netherlands
Have you tried setting up Do Not Disturb While Driving? Settings > Do Not Disturb > Do Not Disturb While Driving.

Turned the driving function on and off, still no reminders.

However I can see them on the Siri watch face.

Can one of you receiving the reminders please post her or his settings? Many thanks!!

jday7757

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Update: I just got my first stand reminder since updating. This works!!!!

https://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-broken-stand-reminders

I just want to confirm that the fix in the above link DOES did work for both my watch and my wife's. You actually have to go the the watch app on your phone and in the Wheelchair setting tell it not to use the wheelchair function. If you don't set that setting then apparently you don't get the stand alerts.

Sword86

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
I can’t believe people need to be reminded to breathe

Well, each to their own I suppose. I breathe real shallowly (is that even a word?) since I’m quite hyper and the breathe app reminds me to slow down, relax and deep breathe for a bit. It isn’t about forgetting to breathe, but I get it.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Added Breathe as a data source in the Siri face, and I seem to get more regular reminders now. Additionally, tapping the Breathe card begins the sequence without the need to open the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.