Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mork

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
I have been getting this dialog every time I boot for a long time on two macs:

Do you want the application
“EEventManager.app" to accept incoming
network connections?
Clicking Deny may limit the application's behavior.
This setting can be changed in the Firewall pane of
 Security & Privacy preferences.

----

I have gone into Firewall pane and saw that the "EEventManager.app" is already set to "allow". I've also tried removing that item and re-entering it. Nothing works. I still get this dialog (above) each time I boot.

Any idea how I can convince the Mac (10.13.2, but other versions, too) that EEEventManager.app is already set to "allow" in the firewall pane?

Thanks in advance,

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Do you want the application
“EEventManager.app" to accept incoming
network connections?
Clicking Deny may limit the application's behavior.
This setting can be changed in the Firewall pane of
 Security & Privacy preferences.

A long thread can be found here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3238604

One person stated this:
Good call. The EventManager.app is the culprit. "EEventmanager allow or deny request" warning is run because of the app, it's is in the Epson scanner software package that comes with WF3520 Epson printer.

So it seems you have an epson device and its software wants access, whether that access is appropriate is up for discussion.

Mork

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
I have a 3540 Epson, but I don't use it since I'm pi$$ed about the ink costs...so it's off.

Thanks for the info. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm pi$$ed about the ink costs
I don't know any printer maker that offers inexpensive ink. I just bought an ink cartridge for my Canon and it was too expensive. I don't print that much stuff but my kids do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mork

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Check this printer:
Brother HL-L2340DW

Not color, but the best printer I've never hated. :)

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I don't know any printer maker that offers inexpensive ink. I just bought an ink cartridge for my Canon and it was too expensive. I don't print that much stuff but my kids do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wouldn't mind the expensive ink... if only these manufacturers stopped building-in pre-determined expiration dates that force you to replace the ink cartridge even if you put it in a week earlier and only printed 3 sheets. That, and if the printers wouldn't use half an ink cartridge cleaning, aligning and adjusting if you haven't used the printer in a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.