Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoCalAppleWatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
This sounds insane, but because of the ridiculous iPad Pencil situation, I'm desperate to find one before I go on vacation this weekend. Been trying all the sites, scripts, and stores. No luck. Today I went to the Apple Store's nearby and they BOTH said they do not get the pencils before 10am, it's usually later in the day. Online I read that multiple people got theirs around 11:30am. They're trying to prevent scalpers from waiting outside it sounds like.

I have the rest of this week off, and I'll literally hang out at the mall nearby Apple for a couple hours between 10am - noon waiting for their daily supply delivery. Again, this sounds insane, but does anyone know if the UPS/FedEx guy comes thru the front door? If it's true that they receive these tiny quantities of Pencils I believe I could score one by waiting for their delivery to come in. It'd really suck not to have the Pencil on my vacation where I planned on sketching drawings for 2 weeks on the beach in Australia :(

If you know of alternatives I'm all ears. Thanks guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.