Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ownykt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2024
I came across a 'YAOTE Tag' on Amazon and after carefully researching its features and description, it appears to have the same functionality as AirTag, using the Find My network for item tracking. However, the price seems much cheaper. Has anyone purchased it before?

Attachments

• 20240530113227.jpg
    20240530113227.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 93

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Probably doesn't have the precision finder feature that airtags have with Ultra wideband phones.

Reactions: waw74

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
In general, generic ones are iffy in terms of location update frequency and power consumption. Give it a try and return if needed.

ownykt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2024
Probably doesn't have the precision finder feature that airtags have with Ultra wideband phones.
Yes, I purchased and tested them, and apart from the ultra-wideband precision tracking feature, they have the same functionality. The results were impressive, and the main advantage is their affordable price. For someone like me who frequently forgets items while traveling, they are fantastic. I can attach them to my keys, camera, wallet, and luggage, ensuring I can track everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.