Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
Am I the only one that cannot read white text on light gray background? I implemented a work around by going into system preferences accessibility display and toggling "increase contrast" off then on again. The text changed from white to black ( as it should be ) , but I don't know if it's a permanent fix or not.

Before
Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 10.22.33 PM.png

After

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 10.45.56 AM.png

I'm on Big Sur v11.1 atm.

Additional information:
I've seen some people recommend changing the wallpaper, the only issue with that is I have dynamic wall paper that cycles through a few hundred images, and I don't look forward to having to edit all of them just to fix a menu bar bug.

Also, I switch back to Safari from Brave browser. It has some nice ideas but it's missing features I depend on.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Maybe I am lucky but since the first Big Sur beta - menu text has been black - but I did quickly change the highlight color to blue - could not stand the (Default) red highlight ? - maybe that has something to do with it too ?

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
I've seen some people recommend changing the wallpaper, the only issue with that is I have dynamic wall paper that cycles through a few hundred images, and I don't look forward to having to edit all of them just to fix a menu bar bug.
Sadly, it's not a bug. Some idiot at Apple thinks this is the way things should work.

Reactions: jagooch
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.