Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Can I develop and process RAW shots in Elements 6? I want to start playing a bit with RAW, but am still principally iPhoto based. Not sure I'm ready to move to Ap or Lightroom just yet.

So, I was wondering if PSE6 can be used in RAW/TIFF developing with any success.

If not, does anyone have a good recommendation for converting CHDK-based RAW files to Tiff. Right now I use RAW Photo Processor, but it's a bit slow. Any other recommendations that are inexpensive/free?

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Thanks everyone for your replies.

One open question -- does anyone know of a solution to handle CHDK-based RAW output from an a650?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Thanks everyone for your replies.

One open question -- does anyone know of a solution to handle CHDK-based RAW output from an a650?

Look at the bottom of this page under "suported cameras", yours (with CHDK) is there
http://cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

Then look at the same page under "Other raw decoders". Any of those that use dcraw will also support your camera. But of course you could use dcraw yourself directly. It is likely the best raw decoders anyways

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Look at the bottom of this page under "suported cameras", yours (with CHDK) is there
http://cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

Then look at the same page under "Other raw decoders". Any of those that use dcraw will also support your camera. But of course you could use dcraw yourself directly. It is likely the best raw decoders anyways

Thanks for the link. I guess I'm looking for a bit more of a short cut than a command line RAW decoder or a long list of RAW decoders that may or may not be free and may or may not be OSX.

Let me rephrase -- any mac users out there with an a650 (or perhaps other a series) using a tool they would like to recommend to convert their crw to tiff?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.