Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kryptticAZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have a Lacie 6 Big external hard drive and I'm wondering if it's going to keep working after I install Sequoia. I'm on 14.6.1 now and it's already finicky with the RAID manager (complaining about not having permission to access files and folders and some users stating that they can't change the RAID format).

Anyone using a Lacie external RAID successfully with Sequoia that can assuage my fears?

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
I have a Lacie 6 Big external hard drive and I'm wondering if it's going to keep working after I install Sequoia. I'm on 14.6.1 now and it's already finicky with the RAID manager (complaining about not having permission to access files and folders and some users stating that they can't change the RAID format).

Anyone using a Lacie external RAID successfully with Sequoia that can assuage my fears?
Don't update to Sequoia yet. It borked my Lacie Raid kext driver and I can't reinstall it until they fix the system extension security and SIP issue.

Edit: I have a Lacie 12 Big for reference.

Reactions: kryptticAZ

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Yikes. Is this a Lacie issue that will be fixed by a driver update or an Apple issue?

I really think it's an Apple problem. It was all working correctly through the betas and broke when RC was released and since public is the same build as RC, it remains broken.

I did see a few Reddit and Twitter posts saying Apple is aware and releasing a fix soon.

kryptticAZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I really think it's an Apple problem. It was all working correctly through the betas and broke when RC was released and since public is the same build as RC, it remains broken.

I did see a few Reddit and Twitter posts saying Apple is aware and releasing a fix soon.
Can you share a link to any of those posts? I'd like to stay in the know for when I finally decide to make the jump. Thanks!

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
I posted an update in the other thread above. If you're not in a rush to update, I'd probably still wait to see if Apple releases a fix in 18.0.1 on Friday or early next week so you don't have to go through the hassles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.