Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomasliveshere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
Australia
Hey everyone,

I have a random question regarding Apple products and how much they stock.

I want to purchase an iPhone X Apple leather case and also a screen protector.

I noticed during preorder day for the iPhone X that the Apple leather case was "available to pick up in store November 3". Now when I log onto the Apple store it says the Apple leather case I want is available to pickup in store November 9, with some other colours even later (the screen protector I want has dropped to even later at pickup November 23).

I didn't purchase one straight away on October 27 because I wasn't sure which colour case I wanted and I thought I was just going to get one when I picked up my iPhone X on launch day.

My question is, when I pick up my iPhone X on launch day at the Apple store, do you think they will have more stock of cases/screen protectors etc for the iPhone X in store, for walk in customers etc, or when it says "pick up in store november 9" online does that mean that all stock is sold out/unavailable until that date?

I don't fancy the idea of picking up my iPhone X on launch day and not getting at least a case for it so I'm just trying to decide what the best way forward is.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions regarding this it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I would be willing to bet they will have cases in store on release day. That’s where all the online stock is haha

Standard colors (black, red, blue, etc.) are probably guaranteed. New release colors & folio may be more limited.

Just my guess though. Good luck!

Reactions: predation
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.