Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wirtandi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
The thing where you swipe a word on your keyboard to form words - is that only available for english? I tried it in indonesian and it works too, although it doesnt cover every single word, it covers quite a good amount of words.

If it is only available for english, how come it works for indonesian? Genuinely curious here

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
The thing where you swipe a word on your keyboard to form words - is that only available for english? I tried it in indonesian and it works too, although it doesnt cover every single word, it covers quite a good amount of words.

If it is only available for english, how come it works for indonesian? Genuinely curious here

It works on multiple keyboards in iOS not just English. My guess is it will work with most languages that iOS supports that rely on the traditional abc letters.

Edit: found this link:
“The QuickPath keyboard in iOS 13 only works with English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and Portuguese keyboards.”

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.