Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mredance

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2016
iPhone 7 and 7 plus has come out, do you still buy a iPhone 6s plus? but that is what is do, get a new iPhone 6s plus some days ago.
iphone6splus-2_zpse59gj7iz.jpg~original

iphone6splus-1_zps4wc7uwcy.jpg~original

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
Okay, I hope it can use 3 years and not out of date, Hah!
The 6s+ will last 2 years, 11 months and 29 days. Too bad for you!

JK, I am sure you will be fine. Just gave my youngest an old 4s to use as an iPod. Updated to 9.3.5 and its humming along.

Reactions: iApple_man

thats all folks

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2013
Austin (supposedly in Texas)
Unless I'm seeing things, his/her post is written in English. Clearly it's not a native language for them, but it still got the point across. No need to be rude.

you are absolutely right, there are some less than kind comments here. but what I would add is that the user profiles allow a location to be shown. as this site is based in the United States, the presumption is that is the location of a user. for anyone asking for advice, knowing the asker's location can be helpful in so many ways. in this case, it would explain why the writing is so awkward.

Okay, I hope it can use 3 years and not out of date, Hah!

first, please add your location to your profile. second, Apple is still selling new 6s and 6s+ iPhones, so they are current and will be supported for as long as any model is.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
For people still need headphone jack to work, they will buy 6s.
And for people, well, hate those problems only on iPhone 7 (unresponsive home button , hissing issue etc), they may buy 6s because it seems that 6s is better in many ways, except spec. Hell, my iPhone 6s feels as fast as usual. I don't think Apple use their quad core processor well.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

thats all folks

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2013
Austin (supposedly in Texas)
For people still need headphone jack to work, they will buy 6s.
And for people, well, hate those problems only on iPhone 7 (unresponsive home button , hissing issue etc), they may buy 6s because it seems that 6s is better in many ways, except spec. Hell, my iPhone 6s feels as fast as usual. I don't think Apple use their quad core processor well.

it's not a quad core processing. from Apple,
"With an all-new four-core design, the A10 Fusion chip’s CPU has two high‑performance cores and two high‑efficiency cores. The high‑performance cores can run at up to 2x the speed of iPhone 6, while the high‑efficiency cores are capable of running at just one-fifth the power of the high‑performance cores. That means you get the best performance and efficiency when you need it."

and, did you expect the release of the iPhone 7 to make your 6s slower?

Mredance

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2016
And for people, well, hate those problems only on iPhone 7 (unresponsive home button , hissing issue etc), they may buy 6s because it seems that 6s is better in many ways
Absolutely correct, I still buy a iPhone 6s plus, because i hate the hissing sound on home button and shaking whole phone body.
[doublepost=1479448918][/doublepost]Just got my leather case, looks pretty good

8M4A6329_zpsphai0aq2.jpg~original

8M4A6325_zpsmlbakvzn.jpg~original

8M4A6355_zpsmjcq8pfq.jpg~original

8M4A6356_zpsws7qqj2s.jpg~original

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
it's not a quad core processing. from Apple,
"With an all-new four-core design, the A10 Fusion chip’s CPU has two high‑performance cores and two high‑efficiency cores. The high‑performance cores can run at up to 2x the speed of iPhone 6, while the high‑efficiency cores are capable of running at just one-fifth the power of the high‑performance cores. That means you get the best performance and efficiency when you need it."

and, did you expect the release of the iPhone 7 to make your 6s slower?
iOS 10 could make 6s slower but iPhone release would not.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I got the iPhone 6s plus default with iOS 10, very fast. Faster than Android Phone.
Whoa. This is a bit new for me. When I bought my iPhone 6s Plus, it was loaded with iOS 9.3.2. But hmm, you buy your iPhone 6s Plus after iPhone 7 release right?

Speaking of iOS, well, iOS 10 at least is not worse than iOS 9 in performance.

Mredance

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2016
That's what I meant. The 6 Plus had 1 GB of Ram compared to the 2 GB with the 6s Plus.
2GB Ram looks a little less, but still faster than 4GB Android phone, my life use a 4GB Xiaomi 5s Plus, mine faster in video and online game load.
[doublepost=1479704122][/doublepost]
Whoa. This is a bit new for me. When I bought my iPhone 6s Plus, it was loaded with iOS 9.3.2. But hmm, you buy your iPhone 6s Plus after iPhone 7 release right?

Speaking of iOS, well, iOS 10 at least is not worse than iOS 9 in performance.
Yeah, I got the iPhone 6s plus last week, runs very fast with iOS 10.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Unless I'm seeing things, his/her post is written in English. Clearly it's not a native language for them, but it still got the point across. No need to be rude.

It's actually against forum rules to disparage against someone's grammar, but some feel the need to belittle others. Well said.

Back on topic: The 6s Is a solid iPhone for years to come. At least 3/4 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: iApple_man

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I would definitely get the 6s over the 7 right now. just me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.