Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoundMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Hi,

so I bought an iPhone XR and that cool Belkin 3-1 charger only to realize I need a iPhone 12 now to get the wireless charger feature on the phone to work. I don’t fully understand why the charger won’t work on the Xr phone but my car has wireless charging and everything is fine.

I have a series 6 watch (blue) & wanted to know does the blue iPhone 12 match my watch, I’ve already read the iPhone 12 Pro blue is a different color.

thanks for your help🙂

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
Hi,

so I bought an iPhone XR and that cool Belkin 3-1 charger only to realize I need a iPhone 12 now to get the wireless charger feature on the phone to work. I don’t fully understand why the charger won’t work on the Xr phone but my car has wireless charging and everything is fine.

I have a series 6 watch (blue) & wanted to know does the blue iPhone 12 match my watch, I’ve already read the iPhone 12 Pro blue is a different color.

thanks for your help🙂
The 12 iPhones have magnets in the back of the phone to connect to that charger, Xr doesn’t.

Reactions: LFC2020

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Hi,

thanks for your help🙂
The iPhone XR should wirelessly charge on the bottom base of the Belkin charger where the AirPods charge.

SoundMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
The 12 and Apple Watch in blue match each other perfectly. 👌

Go and have a look at a apple store before making your mind up on what combo you want.
I've looked online already but they don't have real pictures on apples site, also we don't have an apple store. Best buy used to have the models on display but I guess someone with scissors stole all the dummy iPhone's years ago and stopped doing the display.

so it's a "roll of the dice" at $1300 and then sending the phone back because it doesn't match.

I was hoping someone had both items together that could post a picture or two

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I've looked online already but they don't have real pictures on apples site, also we don't have an apple store. Best buy used to have the models on display but I guess someone with scissors stole all the dummy iPhone's years ago and stopped doing the display.

so it's a "roll of the dice" at $1300 and then sending the phone back because it doesn't match.

I was hoping someone had both items together that could post a picture or two
You’ll be happy with both. 👌

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
interesting about that, it slides right of the base.
Shouldn't slide off if the Belkin charger is on a level surface.
belkin.jpeg

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Hi,

thanks for your help🙂
I just purchased one of these cases for my wife's iPhone 11 to use the Belkin 3-1 MagSafe charger and it works well. They also have them for the iPhone XR. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...rd_w=Za6Pg&pd_rd_wg=JlKg3&ref_=pd_gw_unk&th=1

Belkin.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.