Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssrij

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
United Kingdom
I will be getting the OLED iPhone. I was wondering, does your debit card get charged immediately when you pre-order an iPhone, or does it get charged when the iPhone is about to be dispatched? What if you do an in-store pickup, do you pay for the phone in store, or does your card get charged automatically before the pick-up? My debit card may not have enough balance until the iPhone ships sometime in October, so just wondering. I don't want to miss out on pre-ordering.

I live in the UK, if that helps.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
On this side of the pond they might put a temp hold on the funds. Apple never actually charges you until it is shipped. As far as picking up in the store, they might charge before you get to the store to reserve your device.

Do a chat on the Apple site and they will confirm for the UK.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
asked them, they said they charge £1 if the order can't be shipped immediately. so for the iPhone pre-order, i will get charged when it ships.

Just make sure you have the funds available in your account when the device ships if you're paying with your debit card. Otherwise, Apple could cancel your order.

ssrij

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Just make sure you have the funds available in your account when the device ships if you're paying with your debit card. Otherwise, Apple could cancel your order.

They usually allow you to change/update the payment method and retry, I'm not sure how long they wait before cancelling the order, if you don't end up updating the payment info.

Reactions: nburwell

iSpaceJam

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2017
'Merica
I've preordered every iPhone since the 5 and each time I've been charged once the shipping process has begun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.